Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
Ryke
My Device: developer
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BAR file for Device-Release

Hi,

so i finished my app and it runs smoothly on the emulator.

NDK can not create .bar file for release.

Plaese help me

Thansk

Ryke

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: BAR file for Device-Release

[ Edited ]

When asking for help, and reporting problems, it's always necessary to clearly describe in detail the nature of the problem you're facing, error messages (copy and paste them and ensure they're formatted for readability), the commands you used (clean out private/personal info if necessary), version numbers of major tools and platform used, and so on.

The extra bit of time it will take you is far outweighed by how much time it saves those who may want to help you. There are lots of people here who can help, but they may simply skip your message if it shows little effort on your part...

Consider that a public service message, not something directed just at Ryke. I see lots of new posts lately from people who don't seem to realize this is a community forum, "staffed" by others just like yourself who want to help but may have limited free time to do so.

We're almost all volunteers here, so help yourself by spending the time to carefully search for past answers to the same question, put some care into your question, and be patient for the day or two it may take for someone capable to notice your question.

And welcome to the community! :-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ryke

Ok,

I select Device-release from "build configurations" and build project, no error message everything ok, but has no created bar file under "Bar Packages".
It is my first app, how do I preparing to upload?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

To generate a .bar file you don't use the usual Run or Build menus.

Read this please: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/documentation/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.devguide/com.qnx.doc... and note the part about File -> Export.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ryke

Opps...
was careless of me
Thanks!
Please use plain text.