If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
coolmk09
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: idea celluler

BB 10 Simulator in not running

[ Edited ]

Hi All, 

I am new t o BB 10. I have downloaded BB 10 SDK and installed BB 10 SDK and Simulator. But when in run the simulator in VMPlayer 5.0 the boot screen  comes and stuck at a certain point.

Here is the screen shot when boot stuck : 

bb10 simulator not running.PNG

I don't know what to do. 

Any Help is Appreciated.

Regards

Manish Kumar

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: BB 10 Simulator in not running

I had similar trouble at one point.

Turn on your PCs virualization support in the BIOS. (search this forum for details)

This seemed to fix my simulator problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolmk09

Hi taylor-tomt,

Thanks for your suggestion, I have tried that setting in my PC. But it doesn't work for me :smileysad:

anything that I am missing ?

Thanks & Regards

Manish Kumar

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

You might try uninstalling then reinstalling the simulator now that virtualization is on.

Don't change any of the settings in the simulator virtual machine.

There is one setting to select the OS you're running under. By default there is no selection made. I changed it to Win 7, 64-bit, and the simulator stopped working after that, and I couldn't return the selection to the default. Uninstall, install was the only way out.

If this doesn't work, you'll need some help from someone more familiar with VM and the simulator.

If you do get it running, make sure you 'suspend' the simulator when you want to shut it down, don't select the actual 'power off' option. Starting up again from suspended is much smoother.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
coolmk09

Thanks for your suggesation. I am still unable to run it. I think my PC doesn't meet requirements. I have started on My Lapi(Laptop) on which its working perfectly. 

Thnaks for your support.

Regards

Manish Kumar

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
daryl_martin
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

Can you confirm that you have the latest video card drivers available to you from your vendor?  When the simulator stops at "starting screen" it's usually because VMWare is unable to detect compatible 3D hardware.  Updating your drivers will go a long way here.  

Did you change the video card settings inside VMWare?  Sometimes if you try to set it to a default resolution or add a second display it may not be able to boot.  

You can always send me our dxdiag output and I can take a look at it from my end.  

Please use plain text.