Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Z10

BB 10 app splash screen

Hello Everyone,

I need a help with app that has been created on BB 10 on native sdk using cascades qt.I need to know how should I go about animate the splash screen.any help will be appreciated as I am newbie to BB 10 app dev.

Thanks

Neil

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: BB 10 app splash screen

I don't believe this is possible, of course there is no reason you couldn't start your app with your own qml splash screen with animations.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

... and welcome to the forums.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

New Developer

Currently the app has a static image of loading screen and its just needs to be updated with additional 3 images of loading in a sequence.Is there any way of doing it in qml where have the changes have to be made. also app is built on bb 10 sdk 10.2 release..

Developer

The only way to do it would be to set your main.qml to initially load the three images, very easy using qml animations.

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane

just make your main.qml look like your splashscreen, and start doing stuff from there

imagine this: an app where the main screen looks exactly like the splashscreen, and does nothing else. the app loads, shows it's splashscreen, then loads the main.qml directly BUT still shows the same image (because it looks the same). a user who sees that app will think that the splashscreen is still there. And you can load/do whatever you want, and/or animate your three additional images

It's a simple trick to fake, and many apps do that (e.g. Jetpack Joyride)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
New Developer

I have tried everything but still I am finding it difficult to actually implement it as its a series of images.I have a found a similiar source in android but i am unable to convert it into bb 10 using qt cascades.please help its important