Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
Inessa
My Device: Playbook

BB10 - Already submitted

So finally... I submitted my BB10 App for aproval, not testing in a real device, just in the simulator. Is this OK?

I am asking this because before I got a Playbook (2.0.1 OS) I submitted an App that did not play audio correctly on the Playbook but in the sim worked just fine... after getting the Playbook I realized it has no audio.

Could be this the case?

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: BB10 - Already submitted

There can always be differences between targets like that, so you have no guarantees. Since you've submitted it fairly early, I'd suggest just wait a bit to see if it's approved. If it's rejected, try to find another dev willing to help you test on real hardware.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
Inessa

Got a rejection lol...

"I am testing your app on the BlackBerry PlayBook (OS version 2.1.0.1088). During installation, I got an error message "failure 533 Application-Requires-System: version forbidden, want (10, 0, 9, 0) have (2, 1, 0, 1088)". It means the application requires to be installed on the device which support OS 10. Either fix the issue on the BlackBerry PlayBook or simply remove it as supported device and change the minimum OS into 10.0 on the portal"

Developer
mmd12
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Q10, Z10

I'm interested in the outcome to this post.

I have a new app that runs on the Playbook but I've taken measures to have it run on BB10.  It works fine in the simulator.  On an already live app, I received an email saying that it had been tested on BB10 and was lacking (fixed screen references). 

I've not submitted anything through the portal yet, though I've had a look.

I'm assuming I can submit the same app so that it can run on both platforms but going through the motions on the portal, I have concerns.  Is there documentation on this or a recent post here that addresses this issue?

Contributor
Inessa

Ok....

I created 2 bar files, one with SDK for Tablet 2.1.0 and the second one with SDK 10.0.9.386.

I did not modify any of the graphics the BB10 images adjusted very well on the Playbook.... for instance, on the BB10 my backgorund image is 1280 x 768 and looks very nice on the Playbook with a resolution of 1024 x 600.

I ended with 2 products: one for the Playbook OS 2 and one for the new BB10 devices, both of them are in queue for approval. :Shifty: