Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
xfstudio
My Device: BlackBerry 10 - Z10 LE

BB10 Dev Alpha Camera Flahlight

Hi Guys,

Does any one know what is the minimun battery level threshold in order to turn on the flashlight on the camera?

Also how to calibrate the compass on the BB10  device? is there any API for us to do it within the native/QML codes? 

Thanks a lot!

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha Camera Flahlight

No idea about the flash.

The compass auto-calibrates with some super-fancy and probably patented techniques that RIM developed, so I suspect there's not even an API to do that any more. I haven't checked it out in the latest SDK, however.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C

If you have DevAlpha A and Gold release software, forget about flash, it is not working.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer

well, the photo-flash is definitely disabled, but the videolight may still be working.. I have not confirmed.  There was a hardware bug which meant I had to disable flash when taking pictures, but it may also have impacted videolight.

as for battery level.. the limit is set by hardware, so I'm not sure what the threshold is.. it's probably down below 5% somewhere.