Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
Ry_Fi
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: None

Re: BB10 NFC P2P/SNEP questions (ping: mwoolley / jomurray)

Hey again Martin.

Yeah, I definitely do realize it's only an alpha platform and that the NFC platform services aren't even documented and really supported yet, a fact which is very apparent, but it's been a bit of a head-trip, right?  On one hand, you're putting this utility out there, writing these NFC articles, and saying "Here, this is how it works, go ahead and run this app or write your own app like this", while on the other hand you're essentially saying, "Whoa whoa, remember this is just an alpha and we're not saying it works yet..."  ;-)

I understand the situation, but my boss and I are making use of the situation of being part of the Dev Alpha crew and trying to get some beneficial R&D done while the getting's good.  I realize that NFC might not be fully functional or stable yet, but I certainly expected to at least get past square one, which I'm relieved to have finally done.

As long as you understand that you're going to get pestered with plenty of support issues from eager guinea pig developers like us, which you're handling admirably, then we're happy to keep investing time/money in dealing with the tribulations of such an early platform.  RIM needs us and we need you, and thus it's all good.  :-D

Thanks again, and see you around.

*waits eagerly for next BB10 OS release...*

Ryan

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mwoolley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BB10 NFC P2P/SNEP questions (ping: mwoolley / jomurray)

I've always liked Guinea Pigs so supporting Guinea Pig Developers (love that expression!) is a pleasure. Delighted people like you are spear-heading the early adoption drive like this Ryan and myself and colleagues will do our best to support you along the way. Head trip? I guess so but I'm hoping it's the good sort :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.