09-28-2012 05:12 PM
Hi, can you make sure that when you right click on the project and select "build configurations -> set active" that it is set for simulator-debug?
09-30-2012 07:51 AM - edited 09-30-2012 07:53 AM
@daryl_martin When I turn on the simulator I see on the bottom my IP address 192.xx.xx [telnet] [ftp] [ssh] [qconn]
I use beta 3
10-16-2012 04:43 PM - edited 10-16-2012 04:45 PM
I do have the same problem, btw. Does it matter what network type I set in VMWare? I am using the latest VM Ware Player 5.0.1 on Windows x64 with a bridged connection (prefer this over NAT). I see the IP, qconn is running, dev mode active and I can browse web pages. I do not see a dev mode icon on the simulator (like I see on the Playbook).
My target configuration in Eclipse (or the Deplyoment Setup Wizard) doesn't find the simulator...not even with a static IP. Clueless ... hm ?
I should add, that I also do have the PlayBook 2.0 SDK and the 2.1 SDK installed, and I can switch between those. But this should not have an impact, should it?
10-16-2012 04:59 PM
10-16-2012 05:05 PM
Yes, latest Alpha, latest SDK. 10.0.9.386 build. Ping works. IP address differs from Dev IP (169.254.0.1 vs. my DHCP from the router which is 192.168.0.113). No ping to the 169.254.x. Does this matter?
10-16-2012 05:17 PM
Ping won't work. If you go into Run Configurations and select one of the projects and then click on "Add New Target" -> then click on "Auto Discover..." button what happens?
10-16-2012 05:19 PM - edited 10-16-2012 05:20 PM
Nothing. Can't find any target. Entering IP manually doesn't connect either. Finds my PlayBook on USB, though (changed that dev IP to .5 so I won't have a conflict there).
10-16-2012 05:25 PM
I see that if I change me VMWare network settings that it affects ability to discover without making any other changes. Can you tell me what your network setting are for the simulator in VMWare please.
10-16-2012 09:48 PM - edited 10-16-2012 09:50 PM
OK. It's working now. Not sure if it was my network settings. I switched it (back) to NAT and one CPU (I had 2 cores enabled) and gave the phone a password. Works now.
Now I need to port some code to x86 (boost!) and then see if my 2.1 code actually runs on BB10.