Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
StevenKader
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB10 Native/Cascades SDK not connecting to Alpha BB10 simulator

It was most likely the NAT setting.  Glad you got it sorted out.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Contributor
juergen0815
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the help! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
darxside
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a problem with connecting SDK to simulator. SDK auto-discovers simulator's IP, but can't connect, it says: "reply from socks server has bad version". ping is ok, telnet connecting with devuser:devuser, ssh fails with:"Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)". I'm using OS X mountain lion, version 3 SDK and simulator, simulator running on vmware fusion 5. Any suggestions? 

UPD: solved it, just switched off socks proxy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vkozachek
My Carrier: 9800

darxside wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with connecting SDK to simulator. SDK auto-discovers simulator's IP, but can't connect, it says: "reply from socks server has bad version". ping is ok, telnet connecting with devuser:devuser, ssh fails with:"Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)". I'm using OS X mountain lion, version 3 SDK and simulator, simulator running on vmware fusion 5. Any suggestions? 

UPD: solved it, just switched off socks proxy :smileyhappy:

Where did you switch that off?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
becker666
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

this was a while back ... I'm having similar issues so i reverted of trying the basic helloWorld. I'm in a Mac the ripple would take forever to package and then the helloWorld App would come as 1GB don't sound right to me. So I tried to compile it on a PC there is comes as 73K and it does it pretty quickly which sounds a bit more reasonable, and then tried to deploy it via the network to the IP of the simulator on the Mac, didn't go, tried that bridge thingie can ping it still the simulator doesn't listen.

My next attempt was to compile it on the PC  and sneaker-net the bar file to the Mac and see if I can ran it via command line. It says cannot read file so does that mean the bar generated on the PC is not the same as the bar generated on the Mac?????

The PC I have would not install the VMWare so that is the reason of this pirouette, which would be cool if it worked

Any pointers???

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
galeb
My Carrier: VIPnet

thank you, @daryl_martin, "simulator target -> BlackBerry Tools -> Connect " solved it for me!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshKeyes
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Sorry for continuing this thread, but searching for the past two days now and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

I'm having a similiar problem. I'm a brand new developer to blackberry and I've downloaded cascades for BB10, I have VMware player installed and installed the simulator as well. Unfortunetly when I go into the IDE settings and try to use the deployment wizard to set up my dev, it totally fails. specifically it doesn't detect the similualtor.

I've tried to manually enter the IP and all to no avail. I'm working on Linux Mint and it is dual booted with windows 7 on the other section of my HDD. However I"d really rather do my work on 'nix. How exactly can I mitigate this or will I need to move to windows?

I'm on Mint Linux, using the blackberry 10 Dev alpha simulator,  The native sdk 10.1.0 and VMWare Player 5.0.2

Thanks so much.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
be_stephane
My Carrier: Proximus

Same problem

I want to port my apps to Q10 but without simulator it's not possible to test this apps... With my Z10 and my Dev Alpha no probleme to connect and test.

When i add a new target (in Project Explorer : 192.168.88.128), the simulator is discovering, appear in box but not connected. If i right click on this target in Project Explorer and click Connect i have this message :

A network error occurred while communicating with the target.  Possibly due to the device's 10 second backoff period since last connection, please try again.

When i launch app with the simulator found by BlackBerry wizard (in Project Explorer : sim), i have this message :

Unable to connect. Ensure USB cable or Wi-Fi is connected, IP address is correct, and development mode is enabled.

but don't appear in Run Configurations if i don't uncheck "Filter Target Based..."

I you have any solution...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
be_stephane
My Carrier: Proximus

[ Edited ]

Solved, for me, by installing the new SDK

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshKeyes
My Carrier: none

so after getting it to work on Mac OSX and windows 7 and actually seeing the blackberry logo and playing with a few of the example apps. I've come to realize it's just your support for Linux (mint). And it's not even that the IDE couldn't detect the ip of the simulator, it's because the simulator couldn't even load the friggin image. Thus the IDE failed when trying to connect. I even downloaded virtualbox and TRIED to create one with that.

Nope.

Not a big fan of working on windows, and I use mac at work because I have to. At home however I'd like to use my  Linux box. I think it sucks you guys haven't gotten around to fixing this.

you need to fix this.

Please use plain text.