03-08-2013 03:00 PM
I am new to BB10 Native SDK and I have been trying to run the Open GL ES 3D Cube app to no avail. I get the prompt that states.
"You are attempting to run an application built for the device on the simulator. Please rebuild your application for the simulator".
Can someone tell me how exactly I rebuild the app for the simulator?
03-08-2013 03:09 PM - edited 03-08-2013 03:14 PM
1) Initially when you are creating a new project - In the Basic Settings area, scroll all the way down to Active Configurations and choose Simulator-
2) Dropdown menu Project at the top - Build Configurations -> Set Active -> Simulator-
3) Right click on the Project name in the Project Explorer - Build Configurations -> Set Active -> Simulator-
Well 4 but who's counting.... Properties area for the specific Project - C/C++ Build
03-08-2013 03:51 PM - edited 03-08-2013 03:56 PM
Did you re-Build the project?
1) Build Configurations -> Set Active -> Simulator-Debug
2) Clean Project (available as a Right click option - The dropdown Project menu Clean... has a few extra steps)
3) Build Project
4) Run as -> First option...
03-08-2013 03:56 PM
@jalue, hello again. Yest I did and I was able to get the simulation going by trying your suggestion again. So for whatever reason this time around it worked. Thank you for your help.