Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: A1

BB10 SMS ports

Hello,

I'm currently implementing several BB10 apps, which require receiving incoming SMS on non-generic ports (e.g. Port = 5499) and sending SMS using this port. Can someone tell me if the BB10 platform forwards SMS dedicated to non-generic ports to 3rd party applications?

I couldn't find this information in any documentation.

Thanks and best regards,

Bernhard

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile DE

Re: BB10 SMS ports

[ Edited ]

Please check the SmsTransport class: #include <bb/pim/message/SmsTransport>

The SmsTransport class lets you perform operations on SMS messages from your apps.

You can use this class to register the port that's used to send SMS messages, send a message, and receive the result of the send operation.

more infos here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__pim__message__smstransport.html

An Additional note:

Listening to custom port does work well. You simply need to use the above API. However,

we noticed sometimes sending a message to custom Port can have an issue. We are investigating if this is a bug in the current OS.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: airtel

Hi,

Please tell me how I receive the result of the send operation is very important for me.

Please please help me....

Developer

Is there any way I can determine that a message sent sucessfully or not?

Retired
My Carrier: Vodafone

Do you mean the result of the API call or whether or not the message was successfully delivered? Not clear what you mean by 'result' in this context. 

Example of using SMSTranport to receive port directed sms is shown here btw:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/SMS-Listener/td-p/2434625 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Developer

Hi,

mean that when I send SMS by send function of class SMSTransport . After that I can't get the status of the SMS which is sent successful or not.

Please help me I am still waiting for solution......

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

Retired

Does "sent successful" mean

a) it was transmitted from the device over the radio interface to the network OK

or

b) it was transmitted to the network and delivered to the destination device or service OK?

Sorry if I appear pedantic... just trying to clarify your issue / goal.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Developer

Hi,

I am successful sent the message to the recipients . But I want the status of that message . I am using below function for get the status but it's give same value (Sms sent successful or not).

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__pim__message__smstransport.html#function-mes...

Retired

[ Edited ]

Give me an example of what you consider "not successful" please.

And what transmission status value do you receive?

Developer

suppose I'm sending sms to a wrong number 1234. Is there any way I can get that sms not set is there any api?