Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
JohnWS
My Device: 9900

BBM Invite to download

I have created an ActionItem which calls sendInvite() slot which contains the code below - when this code is executed nothing happens but I'm wondering if the reason for this is the app isn't in app world yet - is this right or should I see something after the code is executed? (I have bbm registered successfully ).

if (!m_messageService) {
// Instantiate the MessageService.
m_messageService = new bb::smileytongue:latform::bbm::MessageService(m_context, this);
}

// Trigger the invite to download process.
m_messageService->sendDownloadInvitation();

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE

Re: BBM Invite to download

It sbould work without being in. App World.  Does the app connect to BBM before you transfer invite?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnWS
My Device: 9900

The app does register with bbm on first install (I get a popup telling me so) - I am using the RegistrationHandler class from sample. It still doesn't show anything when I call sendInvite() though even when it has shown popup.

I have seen posts from a couple of people who have experienced this (nothing shown) but I can't find out anymore. 

My understanding is I just have to call sendInvite() and BBM will take over from there (I don't have to create any qml as I am using c++ to create controls and pages.)

I have also been to a website someone suggested to create unique uuid.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE

It sounds like everything is correct and yes I have seen that issue where it doesn't work properly.  If you want I could try your BAR file on a Z10 with latest OS to see if it is working.  Just private message me.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.