Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

Re: BBM Problem on BB10 Dev alpha B

I have verizon. However I was considering buying a month to month att micro sim with a small data plan to try with it. I have been told that with the Dev Alpha B you should get the ATT sim. Perhap you just made up my mind. Won't be in a position to do that till monday though as I'm on a mini vacation till then.
Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Visitor
pablonp
My Device: BB10 Alpha Device A

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue here. I'm trying to connect to BBM from my Alpha Device and I'm getting the Temporary Server Error message.

I'm trying it from wifi and I'm not able to test it with a microsim.

I have the little BB logo next to the wifi connection logo in the top section of the screen, so seems like I'm having BB service but not BBM.

Any ideas of what should I could do?

I'm testing this from Argentina.

Regards,

Pablo.-

Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10

I am also having this problem.  I received my Dev Alpha B on Friday, and have never been able to connect to BBM... the "Temporary Server Error" appears immediately.  I do not have a sim card to test anything other than wifi.  I do get the little blackberry icon in the top-right corner, and the rest of the internet works.  I have restarted the device multiple times and connected to wifi at various places (so it's not just my home connection).

At the moment, this is not urgent for me, as none of my apps support BBM yet, I am simply reporting that it is still a problem.

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Super Contributor
pkcable

MSohm wrote:

Do you have a sim card with a data plan you could try in your BlackBerry Dev Alpha B?  It shouldn't be required, but if you can try that out it'll help us troubleshoot.

That did the trick!!!!!  I was able to obtain a prepaid Tmoble SIM and as soon I popped it in, BBM connected.  :0

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

pkcable wrote:

MSohm wrote:

Do you have a sim card with a data plan you could try in your BlackBerry Dev Alpha B?  It shouldn't be required, but if you can try that out it'll help us troubleshoot.

That did the trick!!!!!  I was able to obtain a prepaid Tmoble SIM and as soon I popped it in, BBM connected.  :0

Can you send me the PIN of your BlackBerry Dev Alpha through private message?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Super Contributor
pkcable

Yes, but it will have to be tonight since I left the device at home.  :smileyhappy:

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10

After updating to OS 10.0.9.2320, I can finally connect to BBM.  Now if only I had more time to integrate it into my game :smileyhappy:

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
weider
My Device: Z10

I had the same issue. On device activation try to connect via WiFi without a SIM card.

After finalizing the activation of the device and BBM configuration switch off the device and input the SIM card.

Then Switch on.

it should work