Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
mark12
My Device: 9900

Re: BBM Social Platform

In the beginning of this forum u had the same problem, since I'm still developing the app I don't have many users installed the app...is there a way I can still get then list of the users.
Or is there a way I can get the information of contacts and their picture without them installing my app. I think that would be a better choice.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mark12
My Device: 9900

I am unable to retrieve the picture.....because im following the profile box example and with in it when it requestes the images of icons

QObject

::connect(m_profileBox, SIGNAL(iconRetrieved(int, bb::smileytongue:latform::bbm::ImageType::Type,const QByteArray)),this, SLOT(iconRetrieved(int, bb::smileytongue:latform::bbm::ImageType::Type,const QByteArray)));

it is unable to display, concluding from that im getting the same error from the displaypictureupdated.

Did any of u guys were able to retreive the picture of BBM CONTACTS. please let me know about it. It would be a grat help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
liuksmith
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition

Hi Mark,

is your code valid too?

I'm trying to obtain contact list for my application but contact collection is empty, I have installed my app (same UUID) in two bb10. Follow my code:

QList<Contact> contacts;

contacts = m_contactService->contacts();

m_model->clear();

// Iterate over the list of contact IDs
foreach (const Contact &idContact, contacts)
{
// Fetch the complete details for this contact ID
const Contact contact = m_contactService->contact(idContact.handle());

// Copy the data into a model entry
QVariantMap entry;
entry["contactId"] = contact.displayName();
entry["firstName"] = contact.personalMessage();
entry["lastName"] = contact.statusMessage();
entry["email"] = contact.ppId();

m_model->insert(entry);
}

Please use plain text.