Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
pskarton
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

BBM and Profile Box Items

Don't know when it happened but I can no longer add items to my app's BBM profile box. Was working great, implemented my app, and then noticed it no longer worked. Don't know if something was changed in advertently after testing and before implemented or not because I was into testing for Q10 device when I noticed it no longer was working.

Can't figure out how to zero in on problem because everything appears the same.

I retested the Profile Box Example and it works with both previous and current SDKs  and on both a Z10 and on a Q10 device. I generated a new UUID which I used for all those tests.

Some things are not clear from documentation.

1. Is it necessary to re-register Icons once app is implemented? Is registration of Icons done for each device, or for each app. Is there a conflict within BBM between the implemented version of the app and the test version of the app for the next release.

*** I ask this because the problem started as far as I can tell when the version of my app containing the Profile Box was inplemented.

2. Is there a way to delete Icons? What happens if I re-register and Icon with same id is the image file simply replaced.

My test results show:

All permissions for BBm look correct and are identical to sample app which works:

(My code is basede on but not identical to sample app, and my code was working.)

1. Registration with BBM succeeds, program gets "context"  and a profile box object is returned from call to   "...bbm::smileytongue:rofile(context, this) ".

2. Icon registration failing. Image file can be opened but requestRegisterIcon returns false;

3. When adding item log shows "ProfileBoxDelegate::addItemRequest"  but I dot not receive the signal itemAdded in my app and in the log I do not get  "ProfileBoxDelegate::notifyItemAdded" which appears in log for sample app.

In some tests (but not all) I get a false return from requestAddItem. I use all the overloaded versions and none of them work.

Does anyone know enough about the Profile Box to know if test version conflicts with production version (sample app  not implemented is one difference) or if there are issues I should look at to zero in on what is happening?

I have read the documentation, and I don't think it is a coding issue but rather a process issue.

Please use plain text.