Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: home

Beginning cascade blackberry 10

As I am BEGINNER in "BLACKBERRY 10" I wanted to know from where I found proper TUTORIALS and my main question is "I want to create simple example that creates UI in QML and application logic in CPP " and for e.g... We can show 1 BUTTON On Screen and ON CLICK of that BUTTON we can show TOAST message on screen.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Beginning cascade blackberry 10

Blackberry QNX IDE comes shipped with a lot of beginner level samples. If you dont find it there, you can always get it from https://github.com/blackberry/Cascades-Samples 

May be you can take a look at the LightningCrossfadeQML to begin  with. Its fairly well explained here as well :  

_Dishoom

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: home

Yes dude I tried this samples, I just wanted to know. If you did the development for ANDROID in that we create UI in XML and all application logic in JAVA. Is that QML and C++ both do the same thing ?? If yes then please give sample for that how I can implement in the our BLACKBERRY 10.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Verizon

Its a lot more flexible than Android in that aspect... i should say. As here, i am not confined merely to UI with QML, i can add business logic into QML as well.... although thats not a best practice. However, theres no hard and fast rules that prevent you from including your logic in QML. 

For a relative small app, you can just use c++ as a mere entry point, and make all your remaining work carried out entirely through QML.

The sample that you want to look into depends on what sort of app you want to create.

If you want to get yourself familiarized well with QML, you can take a look at the StampCollector App in Cascades.