Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
schumi1331
My Device: Red Z10 & PlayBook

Re: Beta 4 - WebView app freeze post exit

ok, installed now Gold SDK, but problem is still here (have created new project and copied the cpp/h/qml files).

Also there's a problem more, as I am not able to scroll anymore:

ScrollView {
                id: scrollView
                horizontalAlignment: HorizontalAlignment.Fill
                verticalAlignment: VerticalAlignment.Fill
                scrollViewProperties {   
                    scrollMode: ScrollMode.Vertical
                    pinchToZoomEnabled: true
                }
                WebView {        
                    id: webView
                }
            }

I can move the WebView area, but it comes back to the start every time...

Please use plain text.
Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

ughhh... can someone explain to me how the gold SDK could be released with a showstopper bug?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

One thing to note is that this isn't necessarily the fault of the SDK. In fact, it's unlikely it is. More likely it's the OS or the way our own code is put together (or taken apart).

If it's the OS, then there's still lots of time for a fix to be made. This certainly isn't the version they'll be shipping.

If it's our own code, there's lots of time for everyone to chip in and narrow down the issues and see if we can figure out a solution.

Has anyone filed a ticket for this yet? Now that we've confirmed it's unchanged on Gold is a good time to do that.

Very long shot that may be relevant: notice the change in how the Cascades template main.cpp code is structured in the Gold release, for new projects. It's different than how it was for all previous releases... look for the constructor call for your app, just above the exec() call. (I haven't checked whether that change affects this yet.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

peter9477 wrote:

Has anyone filed a ticket for this yet? Now that we've confirmed it's unchanged on Gold is a good time to do that.

Not exactly, but very much related:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-480

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Innovatology, unfortunately it's not public.  "Permission Violation"  Could you please add a comment to your ticket asking that it be made public?

Also everyone reading this who has an account in Jira and hasn't yet done so, please read this post and follow the instructions therein: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/03/issue-tracker-update/

This will ensure that new tickets you create will be public instead of private; they're private for anyone who hasn't done that yet even if you never checked the "This ticket contains confidential data" checkbox when you submitted it.

Also, if you've ever filed tickets before doing this, and they should be public, please add comments to each one now requesting that they be marked public.  Don't do that to any that actually contain confidential/private data or which likely relate to security problems...

If you don't do this, only RIM employees will ever be able to see your tickets, so nobody can vote on them, nobody else can learn from them, and the rest of us might be wasting our time filing duplicates.

Thank you!

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
dkonigs
My Device: Bold 9900

Just want to say that I was testing one of my apps on the Gold SDK last night, and ran into this very problem.  The app has one page containing a WebView.  If I never open that page, it shuts down fine.  If I do open that page, no matter how that page is used/closed/deleted/etc, the app will completely freeze on shutdown.

What's interesting is that I observed all this with the simulator.  I even tried doing this with the debugger attached, but all that told me is that the app is indefinitely waiting for some thread to join.  (But lacking any and all debugging symbols for the system libraries, I couldn't tell you what thread was causing this.  I suspect its something dealing with the WebView's backend, but that isn't cleaned up when the WebView object itself is deleted.)

However, later last night, I went and re-ran this same code on my Dev Alpha.  On that device, it worked fine, and even shutdown cleanly!  So for me, it looks like a sim-only issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chrisandrewca
My Device: None

[ Edited ]

Yep, running into this issue on the simulator as well with the Gold release. On a side note - is multi-touch available in the simulator using the mouse?

Seems fixed: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-612

Waitin'...

Please use plain text.
Developer
yogeshwarp
My Device: Dev Alpha A

Again this issue was too fixed in today's Simulator update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chrisandrewca
My Device: None

[ Edited ]

Yeah now we get this fantastic error about how the app we are about to debug is built for a previous SDK version and would we like to continue, there's a checkbox though to hide it forever :smileywink: Thanks for the update!

Please use plain text.
Developer
pepe_ugalde
My Device: Developer

I'm having this issue but I noticed it happens when I close the app while a javascript alert is displayed.

I'm pasting some code so anyone can make tests and confirm.

It's a WebView with an html with a button that displays an alert.

WebView {

html: "<script language=\"javascript\">" + "function test(){alert(\"Now close the app without dismissing me...\");}</script>
            <input type=\"button\" style=\"height: 200px; width: 400px\" onclick=\"test();\" value=\"ALART (sic))\"/>"

} //webview

What should I do? Start a new thread? File a bug? Or is there a proper way to handle it?

Regards,

Pepe

Please use plain text.