Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: BlackBerry NDK 2.0 Available Now!

What ever application was holding onto the .part file, it released it after a period of time and I was able to remove the .part extension to just have the .exe extension. The installer starts and it is asking "Please select another location to extract the installer to:". I select the C: drive and it just returns to the same prompt.

Anyone have a thought on this?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

jtegen wrote:
What ever application was holding onto the .part file, it released it after a period of time and I was able to remove the .part extension to just have the .exe extension. The installer starts and it is asking "Please select another location to extract the installer to:". I select the C: drive and it just returns to the same prompt.

Anyone have a thought on this?

This indicates that the download didn't complete.  Delete that file and try to download again.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I got the installer to download in Opera.  Firefox and IE8 was a brick wall for me.  That seem to correct the download and install issue.  Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Monaco

I upgraded my Playbook device to 2.0.  It is now asking me to login with my Blackberry Id but will not accept my credentials.  I have tried my login for the forums (user id & password), and my login for the developer zone (email address & password).  Neither work, though I am able to login to the sites themselves.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook

BlackBerry ID is separate. Try http://us.blackberry.com/id/ , there you can reset your password if required. BlackBerry ID is used for AppWorld, BlackBerry Protect, and a few other things.
--------
Taylor Byrnes