Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

BlackBerry Native SDK 2.0 Release - When?

I apologize if I missed something but quick search did not reveal any dates. Is there any schedule/roadmap?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Retired
fernando_simoes
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BlackBerry Native SDK 2.0 Release - When?

It should be available shortly after PlayBook 2.0 official release. I cannot disclose dates but we are very, very close.

Although it's still not officially announced, you can now post applications created in NDK 2.0 if you wish (which wasn’t possible until recently because APIs of 2.0 are not available on the 1.0 platform).

By the way, DevCon Europe started today! Keep an eye on http://www.blackberrydevcon.com/europe.

Please use plain text.
Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook

Will it include support for Cascades / GUI app developement?
Please use plain text.
Developer
guru2000at
My Device: Playbook, q5, z10

regarding this topic, is it possible to post 2.0 beta3 apps to the market at the moment ?

Please use plain text.
Retired
fernando_simoes

[ Edited ]

Cascades will no be available on 2.0 Release; it is still under development.

Please use plain text.
Retired
fernando_simoes

[ Edited ]

And yes, applications written in NDK 2.0 beta 3 are now being accepted for submission at App World.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
firstLeaf
My Device: curve 8530

good that way, since I was never able to install the first vertion on my system.  Maybee, this one will install.  It seems like there was a problem with my windows system not letting it install. Problems with loading the JVM.  I have installed, a JVM for blackberry smartphone, so maybee this is preventing the install.  I tried to uninstall the old JVM. And then tried to use the simulator installer and had the same error message.  So, perhaps there is a different problem.  

As I see it, it must not have anything to do with the code in the installer. It has to do with the instalation proceess. Maybee, like a windows api.  The windows api won't let it install.  You can see that most of the process takes place, becuase the green bar goes from left to right.  

Please use plain text.