Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
akadad
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB OS Version 1.0.8.6067
My Carrier: Gogeco
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Tablet OS Deployment Setup Wizard

I am attempting to complete the above process using the latest OS release and my tablet connected using Wi-Fi and newly downloaded RDK CSJ and PBDT CSJ files. The Wi-Fi connection is recognized, the tablet is in Development Mode, and the path to the CSJ files is recognized. I am using the CSJ PIN and CSK Password provided by RIM earlier for development in the tablet simulator. I am receiving the following error message from the Signing Registration and Configuration process - "Error registering long term key". I have searched for information regarding this error message without success. Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Terry

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS Deployment Setup Wizard

Can you post the full error you are seeing?  There should be more details to the error message.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
dans
My Device: Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: -

Just seen a similar message in the release notes of NDK Beta 3 and wanted to point it out:

When using Ubuntu 64-bit and registering with the RIM Signing Authority you may receive the error 
"Error registering long term keys Error: null". If this is the case you must update the script located at /bbndk-2.0.0-beta2/host/linux/x86/usr/bin/blackberry-keytool to include the line 
-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Also please post host platform and version and if it is a localzed version

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
davidcummings
My Device: Bold 9800

Can you please try registering your CSJ files using the signing preference page (Window->Preferences->BlackBerry Tablet OS->Signing). There is a bug in the deployment setup wizard that doesn't show the entire message from the signing server. Registering from the preference page will give you the full error message.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
akadad
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB OS Version 1.0.8.6067
My Carrier: Gogeco

Thanks to all for your help.

I submitted a new request, noted carefully the information submitted, received new csj files, and followed the procedure suggested by davidcummings. I received confirmation of successful registration for both files.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your timely and helpful information.

Terry

Please use plain text.