Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
vrobison
My Device: Blackberry 10

Blackberry 10 Native SDK Installer crashes.

The native SDK installer crashes when trying to install it.  Windows shows the standard crash message: "Install Anywhere Self Extractor has stopped.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I have tried downloading the file several times, on both IE and Chrome, and have tried running the installer as administrator and with my virus scanner disabled, to no avail.  I also tried to extract the files direclty with IZArc, and while it shows the files in the archive, it cannot extract them.

The SDK file is installer-bbndk-bb10_0_09-win32-386-201209241008-201209241243.exe.  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, with 8 Gig of RAM, Core i7 processor, and plenty of disk space.

Thanks,

Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook

Re: Blackberry 10 Native SDK Installer crashes.

I had the same problem with the installer tonight on a fresh linux install (f17_64), I had to install some missing 32 bit libs and then it installed.

I installed most of the libs from the pack of libs posted by 'davidva' here http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/365/how-do-i-install-32bit-libraries-on-a-64-bit

Pretty hacky, I know but I was in a hurry! :smileyvery-happy: :Whistling:

Cheers,

Jon

Contributor
vrobison

I have not seen an update on this.  I pulled the most recent installer and it still crashes.  Any moderator out there that can help?

Contributor
vrobison

Eureka.  I finnaly got the NDK installed :smileyvery-happy: .  The solution was pretty convoluted.  I decided to try the installer on another system, so I loaded a VM with Windows 8 and got the Instalshield to extract the files.  The NDK installer started to run but failed, so I went to the temp directory created by InstallSheild and copied the files to my target system.  Ran the installer from a cmd shell with admin priveleges and viola! It installed.  

There must be some kind of incompatability with InstallShield and my configuration.