Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 10 dev alpha simulateur internet with proxy

i had the same problm a few days back... and i was going arnd in all the wrong directions, making all sorts of changes in vmware connection and so on..

what was truly holdin me back was windows firewall... can u try disabling that in all network connections including vmware...

Dishooom
Contributor
My Device: BB10 Simulator, BB10 Dev Alpha B, Playbook OS 2.1
My Carrier: asdf

thx for your post, but windows-firewall is disabled by default.

In fact there is no tutorial, how you should connect your VM.

E.g. i dont know if there should be any Wifi-Network found in the simulator.

Or i the networkadapters (vmnet1 and vmnet8) should be found in the "configure adapters"-menu on the "network adapter"-entry in the hardware-tab.

An explnation, how things should work, would be much helpfull. I'm just sitting here, try to understand what could be wrong without even knowing how things should work (and i read and googled a lot).

Developer

Hmm... Even i had taken quite a lot of time in getting it right... So i can understand....

Meanwhile can u just try this as well...

In wiindows Firewall --> Goto Advanced Tab --> Verify Checkmark is off for your LAN/Wifi and VMware1 ,Vmware8.

Thanks

Dishooom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps

Contributor

[ Edited ]

well thx again, but the firewal is completely turned off!

but maybe you can answer my two questions:

1. should the simulator connect to a wifi, like the real device?

2. should the vmnetX-adapters be shown as network-adapter at "configure adapters" in hardware-tab of the vm?

thx a lot

edit:

btw: i can ping the simulator, run apps(compile and run from momentics) and connect it to the controller (in bridge-mode)

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

Regarding 1. There is no additional connection to be made inside the simulator. ie u dont need to connect to a wifi or anything such that from within the simulator.

I didnt get your question2. May be some of the senior mods around could help you out better with that..

Meanwhile my network connection in Virtual MAchine Settings is not Bridged unlik you mentioned previously. Mine is NAT : Used to share the host's IP address.

_Dishooom

Contributor

i tried every possible way, that is offered (with rebooting the vm)

connecting to wifi came to my mind, because i was told so on page 1 of this topic...