Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Suns33k3r
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Blackberry Hub and Remember API availability

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Just  been wondering if these APIs are available for developers so they can start integrating apps with these services/features? As far as I could see there's no documentation regarding mentioned platform features. So may I ask when it'll be available if it's going to be so at all?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ReddoC
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Blackberry Hub and Remember API availability

[ Edited ]

It would be great to have this APIs. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Re: Blackberry Hub and Remember API availability

[ Edited ]

I would like to see more options (besides evernote) for places to sync remember notes/voice/photos. 

I am aware of these invocations: http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/remember.html

From that page it is not clear if it is possible to mimic the evernote integration.  I would like to know if it is possible for me to write an app that would be able to add a folder to the remember app that is then synced with Toodledo (which has an open API), for example.  For true sync, it would also need to be able to download changes from Toodledo that are made on the website or other applications.

Would this also be possible with Dropbox?  For example, I make a custom file format that is uploaded to dropbox when a remember note is created, and the voice notes and/or photos attached to the note are also uploaded.

EDIT: After some more reading, I have more confidence that access to the remember notes/notebooks is possible, and that we can also create such notebooks.  My question now is whether we can integrate our own 3rd-party app/code the way evernote is integrated?  In other words, can we add a new account type?  And then this account type would have some app attached that runs in the background, or runs whenever the remember app runs, to synchronize the data?

If it's not possible to add a new account type, then is it possible to make an app, that when it is run, it synchronizes the on-device notebooks with some arbitrary service?  Even better, is it possible to make an invocation that subscribes to notebook events and automatically starts the 3rd-party app to do the synchronization?

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Please use plain text.