Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Star ub

Blackberry Z10 Mobile Encryption -Please help me

Hi to everyone,

I'm a new bee to this platform.I know Core java alone and i'm very much interested to study further in java.My question is" i need to find out the encryption bit length and encryption/Decryption Speed in Blackberry Z10 mobile device".Anybody know this one

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Z10 Mobile Encryption -Please help me

The Z10 does not run Java.  So you are in the wrong forum.  You need to ask this question here. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/bd-p/Cascades

I will ask to get this question moved.

That said, this is a pretty open ended question.  There are variety of different encryption methods available and for each encryption methods, there are different attributes that could impact the speed.  I think asking a generic question like this will not give you any useful figures.  If you define the encryption(s) and attributes (like key lengths) that you are interested in, then you might get some useful information.  Given your present question, I would suggest you will get nothing other than 'it depends' as an answer.

Why do you want to know this anyway?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Star ub

Re: Blackberry Z10 Mobile Encryption -Please help me

Actually in my office they told me to do On Device Encrption. They need To find the Encrption Bit length. Me too its confusing. Please help.