Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Blackberry10 dev Alpha simulator VMware player getting error unable to open file to write.2(No such file or directory) in windows 7 64 bit os

Hi,

I have installed bb10 ndk,bb10 simulator and VMware player 4.0.3 successfully in windows7 64 bit but when i am opening the VMware player it is getting error showing that unable to open file to write.2(No such file or directory).But it is working in windows 7 32 bit.please suggest me the solution.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry10 dev Alpha simulator VMware player getting error unable to open file to write.2(No such file or directory) in windows 7 64 bit os

Hi,

Try installing in the place other than C drive program files or other than it.Well it could be the problem.

Regards

Rakesh shankar.P

Developer

Re: Blackberry10 dev Alpha simulator VMware player getting error unable to open file to write.2(No such file or directory) in windows 7 64 bit os

[ Edited ]

hi,

Thanks for ur reply i have installed in other drives also  but it is also not working.This is the screen shot of the bb10 dev alpha simulator VMware player which shows the errorVMware player

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Company

Have you resolved your problem? I am in the same trap

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Did you try to open everything up using admin rights?

Developer

Hi,

Yes,I have solved the problem with simulator.The problem with the graphics driver.Just check whether ur display adapter(Graphics driver) is Intel(R) HD Graphics family or not.U can know it by right click on my computer goto properties-->DeviceManger-->Displayadapters

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: hutch

Hi naresh,

I don't have that graphics as you mentioned in your post.

and My simulator is getting run but graphics are not working in proper format.

I have Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset as graphics adapter.

Can you please help me to resolve it.

Thanks & regards

Nrupay shah

Developer

Hi,

Just update ur display drivers.I think that is the solution to ur problem.

Regards,

Naresh.

Developer
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0

Hello

I am facing the same problem.i downloaded the simulator and player .but i am playing the player .it show only black screen below in which IP address in written.Error is cannot verify the package ID

I am using Window 7

i have nvidya graphic card

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

When the simulator stops at "START SERVICE: screen" its usually because you're booting into normal mode, which requires a 3D capable card, and VMWare is not presenting one to the guest OS. 

One work around would be to boot the simulator in safe mode, which will make use of our software graphics driver.

Alternatively, it would be a good exercise to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and ensure that your Display settings in the VM are set to the defaults.  i.e. Accelerate 3D Graphics is selected and Use Host setting for Monitors is also selected.  

Daryl