Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
StevenKader
My Carrier: Rogers

Bring App full screen from Tile

Is there any way to request that the app maximize itself from tile state to full screen?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bring App full screen from Tile

[ Edited ]

Seen a few posts asking this question over the last several months & I still don't belive it's possible & from an end usersers perspective:  a minimized app randomly opening itself would be extremely annoying & on the "To Delete" list

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Carrier: Rogers

There are cases where the user would want it to happen and expect it to happen at certain times.  One example would be an alarm app where without fail the user wants to be notified....in that case the alarm app should come to the front and alert the user.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

In BB10, the app shouldn't need to come to the front. It could, I believe, use a system-modal Toast, or a proper notification through the Hub, along with LED and audio.

Anyway, there is no way to steal focus right now so those are the options you have to work with.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.