Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook Developer

Build for PlayBook with the BB10 Native SDK?

Hi

A few months back I was developing for the PlayBook.  I've recently returned to this and have downloaded the BB10 Native SDK.  Obviously, I appreciate that the PlayBook doesn't support BB10 at the moment.

Is it possible to download just the target OS for the PlayBook so I can develop for it using under same QNX Momentics install?  Or do I need to install both the BB10 SDK and the PlayBook SDK, and have both installs running alongside each other?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Build for PlayBook with the BB10 Native SDK?

you can use BB10 SDK to develop for PlayBook.

Contributor

Is there anything special I need to do for that?  So far, the BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard in QNX Momentics (which I downloaded for BB10) won't even find the PlayBook.  I've checked:

- That the PlayBook knows its connected to a computer (via USB)

- Windows knows that the PlayBook's connected

- The PlayBook's running OS 2.1.0.1526

- The PlayBook's in development mode

- The IP address is correct

Contributor

OK, I've just installed the BB10 SDK on a Win7 box and this can find the PlayBook device without problems, so I presume there's a good chance that this is a Win8 issue.

Also the Win7 install of QNX Momentics (unlike the Win8 install) also lists the NDK for Tablet OS 2.0.1 in its dropdown list in addition to BB10.  I don't know if this is because I also have the PlayBook NDK installed alongside on this machine.