01-08-2013 02:08 PM
Hello, I am new to BlackBerry 10 development and was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. A bit of background first - I am trying to port an existing iOS app to BB10, the source is all written in C/C++ so I am using the Native SDK 10.0.9.1673. I am running the IDE on a Mac (OSX 10.8.2).
I have set up a skeleton GLES2.0 project using the 'new blackberry project' wizard and have linked the folders containing the source and header files (using the Project Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols pane, and the Includes/Source Location tabs). The source and header files are all in separate folders at the same directory level as the project folder (due to the way our project structure works), although I don't believe this should make a difference.
Obviously at this stage I wouldn't expect the project to compile cleanly, however my problem is that each time I attempt to compile the project, it seems to compile a different group of files, with the result that I get different errors each time I attempt to compile, even when I haven't changed any of the code. I am assuming this is not normal behaviour as it makes it very hard to identify and fix problems. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I'm wondering if I need to specify some different settings or something like that?
One final bit of information, I am getting warnings about the #import directive (which is used in a number of places in the iOS build) being deprecated. I'm not sure if this is related or not - although if it is I'm not sure what can be done beyond wholesale changing over to using #includes everywhere instead?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give,
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-08-2013 03:21 PM
Just to doublecheck - you put all your folder under src right?
If you have too many files and too many errors then it is normal to get different error/files every time. Just start fixing them and gradually you'll get the same set of errors -)
Ok, I don't know whether it is normal or not normal but I took it as is (I hit the same problem porting large project).
01-09-2013 04:55 AM
Cheers for the response! Regarding the folder structure, The files are arranged in a series of folders on the same directory level, i.e. something like:
The source and include folders have been linked inside the project and there doesn't seem to be any problem with the compiler actually locating any of the files so I didn't think I needed all the folders to be under src/ ?
Regarding your other suggestion, sounds like a plan - certainly I won't be losing anything by starting to fix some of the errors so I'll give that a go and see how it works out!
01-09-2013 12:29 PM
I've now gotten the project building just fine so I've marked the issue as solved. After fixing a chunk of the problems the compile did start to behave more normally. For anyone reading this thread in the future with a similar problem though, I'd suggest that a better way of approaching importing an existing project would be to do it more gradually - a handful of files at a time - and fix the compile issues as you do so. I think if I'd done that initially it would have made the process a lot easier and more readable.
Cheers for the help!