If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
gocolinn
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: n/a
Accepted Solution

Can't Debug/Run app in Simulator

Hello.

I have a cascades project using target_10_0_9_2318 and host_10_0_9_529.  The project compiles and links properly.  I am trying to test this out on the Simular because I do not have a BB10 device and PlayBook is still OS 2.1.  The simulator version is 2318.

This is the error message I get from Momentics when attempted to Debug the app. (Note that this message appears after I have provided my debugging password):

Error in final launch sequence
Cannot prepare and download the binary
Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "libfonts.so"

I also got this message on a previous NDK and have upgraded it and my project thinking that this was a bug that has been fixed.

I understand what the message is telling me, but I am not sure how to correct it and why it can't find this fonts library.  I cannot link the library using -lfonts because the library cannot be found.

I am working in Linux.

Thanks

Colin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gocolinn
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Can't Debug/Run app in Simulator

Hi All.

I am not sure why libfonts.so could not be found, but I decided to try just removing it from my bar-descriptor.xml file.

This allowed the program to launch. I should note that I added these libraries using the Momentics "Add Library" feature. So I believe that there is a bug in this feature.

Thanks
Colin
Please use plain text.