Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Can't Load Examples into Playbook

I am using Kubuntu 11.10 on a 64 bit system and I get the following error messages when starting the IDE:

(qde:13534): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such file or directory

(qde:13534): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(qde:13534): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(qde:13534): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_resize: assertion `width > 0' failed
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/menuproxies/libappmenu.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

*** plus a bunch more of the same
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so

** (Momentics:13534): CRITICAL **: GdkPixbuf* Oxygen::render_icon(GtkStyle*, const GtkIconSource*, GtkTextDirection, GtkStateType, GtkIconSize, GtkWidget*, const char*): assertion `base_pixbuf != 0L' failed

*** plus more of the same

** (Momentics:13534): CRITICAL **: GdkPixbuf* Oxygen::render_icon(GtkStyle*, const GtkIconSource*, GtkTextDirection, GtkStateType, GtkIconSize, GtkWidget*, const char*): assertion `base_pixbuf != 0L' failed

Note: I was going to try and install the i386 version of  gdk-pixbuf but it wanted to remove a bunch of other applications which I am not going to do.

Later when I try to build and load some examples, e.g. CubeRotateMakefile or CubeRotateManaged (I don't know which to use so I tried both):

unknown symbol: navigator_request_events
unknown symbol: navigator_get_domain
unknown symbol: navigator_rotation_lock
unknown symbol: screen_get_domain
ldd:FATAL: Could not resolve all symbols

Note: The GoodCitizen, FallingBlocks, HelloWorld, and PlayaWav all build and load without problem except for an error message about not getting the pid.

Any suggestions, work arounds, or anything else that I can use so I can build and load the sample applications into my Playbook tablet would be much appreciated.

Roger

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Can't Load Examples into Playbook

NDK runs fine on Ubuntu 11.0.4 x86.

Regarding linking errors, have you tried linking with bps library?

Developer

Yes, I believe it is linked, here is the build output:

**** Rebuild of configuration Device-Debug for project CubeRotateManaged ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
qcc -o src/bbutil.o ../src/bbutil.c -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le -w1 -I/mnt/Projects/PlayBook/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -I/mnt/Projects/PlayBook/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/usr/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -c -g -fstack-protector-all
qcc -o src/main.o ../src/main.c -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le -w1 -I/mnt/Projects/PlayBook/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -I/mnt/Projects/PlayBook/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/usr/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -c -g -fstack-protector-all
qcc -o CubeRotateManaged src/main.o src/bbutil.o -lbps -lpps -lscreen -lEGL -lGLESv1_CM -lfreetype -lpng -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le -w1 -g -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -L/mnt/Projects/PlayBook/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/armle-v7/lib -L/mnt/Projects/PlayBook/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/armle-v7/usr/lib
Build complete for project CubeRotateManaged
Time consumed: 793 ms.

This is the output when I run it:

unknown symbol: navigator_get_domain
unknown symbol: navigator_rotation_lock
unknown symbol: screen_get_domain
ldd:FATAL: Could not resolve all symbols

It appears to be partly loaded into the Playbook, I can see the icon on the home page but nothing happens when I tap it.

Retired
My Device: RIM Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Good afternoon rmisk.

A couple of standard questions about your setup. What are your NDK and OS builds? Your NDK build should be 7971.

Now, it appears that the version of CubeRotate on the website is somewhat out of date. I've contacted the team responsible, and they should fix this soon.

Meanwhile, here is the line in bar-descriptor.xml that causing your problems:

<asset path="${QNX_TARGET}/../target-override/${CPUVARDIR}/usr/lib/libbps.so" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libbps.so.1</asset>

You can open bar-descriptor.xml and click on the source tab and simply delete it. This made it work for me with NDK 7971 and os build 7272.

Let me know if you have further issues with this. 

Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks I will update to NDK to 2.0.0-linux-7971 and I have OS build is also 2.0.0.7971.  I will try again and report back.

Developer

CubeRotate, Channels, Dialog, Keyboard, and HellowWorldDisplay appear to work. 

However, GeolocationSampleManaged does not load properly, I get the following problem description:

Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
Info: Action: Install and Launch
Info: Debug native: on
Info: File size: 84188
Info: Installing com.example.GeolocationSampleManaged.testDev_mpleManaged8e7c6920...
Info: Processing 84188 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 /pps/system/navigator/control: navigator service failed

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi, 

I've run into this before.  I would first try rebooting the device.  

Also, do you have apps that you built yourself loaded on the device?  If after rebooting the problem persists, try deleting an app and then trying again.  

Regards, 

Anthony

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PlayBook

This will happened if there is another app stuck into permission asking dialog. Close the dialog on the device and/or reboot

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Blackberry ApplicationDeveloper

add this in to source tab with in bar-discriptor.xml

-->

-->

<asset path="${QNX_TARGET}/../target-override/${CPUVARDIR}/usr/lib/libbps.so"type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libbps.so.1</asset>

Kushalpal Singh
Blackberry Application Developer
Developer

Actually, I needed to comment out that line for it to build and install.