Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Can't debug on Z10 device

I've been developing for BB10 since about March 2013 and initially I could debug directly on my Z10. Initially I was using the 10.0 SDK, but since then I've moved to 10.1 and recently to 10.2. I'm not sure when it started, but some time ago (with the 10.1 SDK, and now with 10.2 too) I found I could no longer get the debugger to run properly on the device. It works fine with the simulator, but on the Z10 the debugger gets as far as displaying the splash screen, then just stops. Running the app on the device from Momentics works fine, but debugs ALWAYS just hang. I recently found that I can run the app, then attach the debugger to it, which is a partial workaround, but this prevents debugging all the startup code before the main event loop.

I don't know what changed, it used to work, but I haven't been able to debug on my physical device for a month or more. Anybody have any ideas?

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't debug on Z10 device

Please reporduce the issue and report a bug from inside Mometics if you have not done so already.

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker