Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
mr_x408
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Telus

Can't deploy apps to simulator "Program does not exist"

Hello Everyone!

I am a new to developing for blackberry and unfortunately I cannot even get started with playing around with the sdk because I am unable to deploy the apps to the simulator. QNX says that the device is not connected even though it is open and in development mode, also I get an error in the run configuration saying that "Program does not exist". I am not sure if I am missing anything, I have build the project, gotten a debug token and am a registered developer. I have attached photos to show the error.

Also I am using windows 7 64 bit and am running os version 1.0.8.6067

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Can't deploy apps to simulator "Program does not exist"

If I am not mistaken "Program does not exist" means your project did not compile well, basically you do not have executabe to package and upload to simulator.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mr_x408

Thanks for the reply, hmm this is weird I am trying to just run the falling blocks example, I have tried cleaning and rebuilding the program with no luck is there anything that I could try? Did the sdk not install or configure properly?

Here is the console output of me cleaning and rebuilding if that could be helpful at all

Cleaning:

**** Clean-only build of configuration Device-Debug for project FallingBlocks ****
rm -rf FallingBlocks src/main.d src/main.o src/bbutil.o src/bbutil.d
Build complete for project FallingBlocks

Building:

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
qcc -o src\bbutil.o ..\src\bbutil.c -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le -w1 -IC:/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -IC:/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/usr/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -c -g -fstack-protector-all
qcc -o src\main.o ..\src\main.c -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le -w1 -IC:/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -IC:/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/usr/include -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -c -g -fstack-protector-all
qcc -o FallingBlocks src\main.o src\bbutil.o -lbps -lpps -lscreen -lEGL -lGLESv1_CM -lm -lpng -lfreetype -V4.4.2,gcc_ntoarmv7le -w1 -g -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -LC:/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/armle-v7/lib -LC:/bbndk-1.0/target/qnx6/../target-override/armle-v7/usr/lib
Build complete for project FallingBlocks
Time consumed: 2239 ms.

I will also note that I have zero errors in my errors tab.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mr_x408

Okay so I figured it out I had to clean then build configurations > build all. Before I was just right clicking on the project and selecting build. I cant believe it was so simple!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

By default it only builds for device. If you want to build for simulator by default switch in project right click -> Build Configurations->Set Active->Simulator-Debug

Then project build will just work (and you don't need to Build All)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
cdamus
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

There are also buttons in the toolbar for quick access:  pull down the hammer to choose a configuration to activate and build in one step, or just press the hammer to build the active configuration.  Pull down the gauge button to select a configuration to activate.

Also, in the 2.0 NDK beta, Ctrl+B (Command+B on Mac) will build the active configuration of the current project.

Hopefully that helps to stream-line your workflows.

Cheers,

Christian

Please use plain text.
useryy
My Device: simulator
My Carrier: +86

Right click on project name in Momentics, => build configuration->set active-.>Debug Simulator. Re-Compile the project again. Then it will be ok.

I think this should be mentioned in the following page for novice:smileyindifferent:.

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_configuring.html

Qt is great.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
becker666
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I just hit this problem and supposedely I'm not a novice (or may be I still am..been doing BB since the dark days of JDE4,x) had a machine with the simulator working fine, then added a Z10 and did some testing in the device, now I want to do some testing on the simulator, I keep getting the "Program does not exist" Have done al of the steps above even  restarted the Momentics 10.2.1 .. . no cigar  Next thing is rebooting the box but it is sad issues like this are still there. 

Please use plain text.