Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B
Accepted Solution

Can't export for release

I'm getting this error message in Momentics when I try and export my app for release:

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "arm/o.le-v7/TransitNow.so"

I'm not doingf anything special, just choosing export->backberry->release

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
_harolde
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Can't export for release

Try building a release build from within your bar.xml file, instead of from the export function.

If you're already doing that, the "clean project" function has solved some similar issues for friends.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bobdodd
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha B

Sadly that didn't work....

In the end I had to create a new Cascades project and copy over the source code and assets. The problem seems to be with the app.pro file.

I've been working on this project for a while now and the style of app.pro seems to have changed a little. My profile builds and signs with the debug token perfectly but it breaks the current export/release tools.

I also noticed that when I switched format (I copied from the location diagnostics app) my app suddenly had problems accessing the QT headers for the compass. I swear I have the same libs included.... Hopefully next week I'll have some time to look at this in more detail (I was trying to submit my apps for the deadline today).

Please use plain text.
Developer
Hithredin
My Device: Z10 Red

To prevent creating a new project, read here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/tools/compiling.html

"As mentioned above, pre-compiled libraries are applicable only to release binaries, so you need to make changes to that configuration only. The first step is to add a template override from app to lib in the Device-Release configuration section of the project file."

device {
    CONFIG(release, debug|release) {
        DESTDIR = o.le-v7
        TEMPLATE=lib
        QMAKE_CXX_FLAGS += -fvisible
    }

Please use plain text.
mintchocolate
My Device: Z30

Hi there:

I know that you probably have solved this already. However, I think there might be an easier solution other than recreate the whole project (and we all know its bra pain in the butt, lol).

Anyhoo, I ran into the same issue, and it gave me error that arm/o.lev7/myProject.so is an invalid path . After I recheck it, the .so file is auto-generated not using my project name, but libmyProject.so, where there is an extra 'lib' in front of it. The auto generated bar-description.xml file, by default, its point to myProject.so. As it turns out, myProject.so is an invalid path, duh...

I don't know if it is a silly bug, or because I used an Qt add-on (I was using a Qt soap lib), but after i change the asset path to the correct one, it works for me. Hope it helps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.