Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
torpesco
My Carrier: Wind Mobile
Accepted Solution

Can't install any apps on simulator 10.0.10.261

[ Edited ]

Basically the same problem I had with 2318. I've been using 1673, and have had no issues installing to it. I'd really like to be able to use 10.0.10.261, as the mouse is now working well on OS X.

My unsolved query on this for 10.0.9.2318 (same results now):

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Can-t-deploy-app-to-simulator-2318-quot-De...

When building with 2318, I had no problem emailing my app to a friend to load onto a device.

When using the command-line tool, why would it look like the deployment is successful when it is not?

I've double-checked my author ID in the bar file. I can telnet into the simulator. I've uploaded a debug token. What else is there that I can check? I haven't yet converted my app to use the zygote, but I was under the impression that is just for release builds for devices.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xvart
My Carrier: playbook developer

Re: Can't install any apps on simulator 10.0.10.261

Torpesco,

Did you find any solution to that? I just updated my simulator from 10.9. to 10.0.261 and I can not install any apps that were successfully installed. I can run the same app on the dev alpha but the simulator won't install it.

The error I got from the command line tool is result::Invalid

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco

Unfortunately not. I just use my Z10 now. Haven't tried the latest for Q10 yet... I had a friend at BlackBerry test for me on that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xvart

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply. The apps that I know working with the older simulator were also not installing...

I wish BlackBerry would re-distribute the dev alpha b's (that they got for the LE trade in) as a non phone device only again as I do not have Z10...

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco

Maybe try reporting a bug? I should try again this weekend and do the same.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xvart

Hmm I wonder if Vmware version is the 'problem', I remember there was this time where the simulator was not working on the latest Vmware... and now if it is the opposite...

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco

Finally got around to installing the 10.1 simulator. No luck. Different error though... maybe because I'm downloading the latest SDK at the moment?

Deployment Failed: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

job-working-directory: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.

at java.lang.System.initProperties(Native Method)

at java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(System.java:1087)

I'm not sure how VMware could be the issue, as the simulator runs just fine and I can telnet and ssh into it.

I've tried both bridged and "Share with my Mac" mode for the network settings in VMware.

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco

Back to the regular error today:

Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch

Info: Action: Install and Launch

Info: Debug native: on

Info: File size: 458223

Info: Installing <app ID>

Info: Processing 458223 bytes

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xvart

Did you hear anything back? I saw that it was forward on 30th of May.

When I had that error, I was adding support for Q10 and was testing with DAC.. In the end, I submitted the updates without being able to check it on Z10... Last on a friends Z10, I saw that for one of the apps the swipe down menu is designed for 720x702 for Z10... = /

Please use plain text.