Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
qwazix
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Can't remove debug mode from QtCreator

Hi! First post here :smileyhappy:

After building and packaging with QtCreator even with Release Build selected, blackberry-signer complains with a

Code signing request failed because Application-Development-Mode in Manifest is present and is not set to [false].

What do I need to do to get over this problem?

New Contributor
qwazix
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha

y Re: Can't remove debug mode from QtCreator

Politely bumping this as I haven't found a way to do it yet.

Contributor
DevHell
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: y Re: Can't remove debug mode from QtCreator

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem :smileysad: You can only unzip the bar file, modify the MANIFEST.MF file, set Application-Development-Mode to false and zip the files back into a bar file. But I don't know if this is the best solution. After I sign the bar file using blackberry-signer command, I run blackberry-signer -verify app.bar and it shows an error:

Error: Some files are missing signatures

I'm doing something wrong or this is supposed to happen?

LE: I want to mentiont that I double checked the .SF files from the META-INF directory and it seems that all my files are signed. I also installed the signed bar on the simulator and it works. So, my question is: can I submit the app as it this, even if the -verify command gives me that error?

Qt rocks
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

If verify command gives that option, I think it'll cause problems with bar upload to Vendor portal. Maybe something is changed with latest QtCreator in the way it packages bar files, because previous versions (before 2.6.1) didn't produce such error.

But, you can try blackberry-nativepackager command. Extract all content form your debug bar file and run this command and follow the provided how-to example. It's easy to use.
Contributor
DevHell
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hmmm, I didn't thought about using nativepackager. You're right, using blackberry-nativepackager works and it won't give any errors when executing blackberry-signer -verify.

Thanks for the tip!

Qt rocks
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Re: Can't remove debug mode from QtCreator

I'm using Qt Creator 2.6.1.

Here's what works for me:

Perform "Clean all", then "Device - Release Build". Do not run application after this as this will produce debug BAR file.

After building, package the BAR file manually. You can find my packaging script in this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/AppWorld-application-icon-missing-on-con...

Put this script into application folder, ensure all other paths and passwords are correct and the buildId.txt exists.

After running it you should get a signed bar which passes validation.

Note that version number (build number) will be automatically incremented every time you run the script.

You'll need to create buildId.txt  and put '1' into it when running the script for first time.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter