Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Developer

Can't run application on playbook!

I'm using qnx momentics

When trying to run, i get this error:

An internal error occurred during: "Filtering target...".
Invalid connection, could not determine BBT target descriptor from connection

i did a google search of this error, and the closest thing i could find was this:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=254415

Apparently, it's an eclipse bug.

Anyway, every time i try and compile again, it says that the target still exists, even though i removed it....or at least i think i did anyway.  I highlighted it and clicked the "remove target" button. 

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how can i get around it without having to re-install momentics?

Retired
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can't run application on playbook!

I did a bit of research in our internal bug database and apparently there isn't anything related to it.

Are you using any Eclipse addon? It's important to mention which version of NDK is using, specially if you are using the beta (which is pretty stable, but still a beta).

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: not important

I had the same problem but as I looked in "Run Configurations" for the project there where to items below "Blackberry Tablet OS C/C++ Application" int the left table. The first one was the projectname, the second was a copy of it with (1) behind it. After deleting the copy, all went fine.

I hope this helps...

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

Thanks very much for this message!

I was searching for "Unable to create BBTTargetDescriptor from launch" and Google missed this forum post.

Anyway, hopefully Google will pick up the complete error message now ;O)

Thanks again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: http://partialpivot.blogspot.co.uk/