Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
ledongthuc
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: Software Engineer
Accepted Solution

Can't run bbndk.sh in Fedora 17 - 64bit

Hi everyone, I'm newcommer in BlackBerry 10. Today, I download the package SDK 10 installer-bbndk-BB10_0_06-linux-543-201207171612-201208070655.bin from site https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/download and install it.

After installed, I try to run file bbndk.sh but it doesn't any is ran.

My PC is DELL Inspiron 14R,

Could you please help me open IDE or compile in this case because it doesn't error or comment so I don't know how to fix them.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Re: Can't run bbndk.sh in Fedora 17 - 64bit

Shouldn't you be doing this:

./bbndk.sh

That's how I run shell scripts, but I am no linux expert! :smileywink:

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ledongthuc

Thanks for your attention.

I tried same you but it's same. Nothing happen :smileyhappy:

I think the problem maybe relate to linux 64bit ...

I think to other way. Installing virtual machine to enjoy the developing BB :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
mgoulet
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: N/A

Hi there,

Linux is not supported at the moment, virtual machine would be your best bet.

Good luck!

Martin

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron

Or just forget momentics and use Qt creator, its the better choice in my opinion anyways! :smileywink:

And it works fine in Fedora, I have deployed a couple bb10 apps with creator and f16_64.

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ledongthuc

[ Edited ]

@mgoulet: Thanks for your help. Maybe the best solution at this case.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
2pintsandanaxe
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: developer

Hi Jon,

Could you elaborate how you got QT4 going with the necessary lib's? When I tried to run the the PlayBook 2.01 and 2.10 development enviro's (basically QT creator) I was having some success, with some brokeness apparent (ie debug etc... not working). I have gotten the emulators runnig in Vmware Player (after frigging around with the libvirt option, again thinking everything was there I only needed to set it up correctly:No:) Please advise as I am not looking forward to using my Windows Laptop. .. really.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron

2pintsandanaxe wrote:

Hi Jon,

Could you elaborate how you got QT4 going with the necessary lib's? When I tried to run the the PlayBook 2.01 and 2.10 development enviro's (basically QT creator) I was having some success, with some brokeness apparent (ie debug etc... not working).

No, Momentics is not basically like Qt creator. I dont use momentics nor windows, however others have had success with momentics and Qt-creator on windows.

I have gotten the emulators runnig in Vmware Player (after frigging around with the libvirt option, again thinking everything was there I only needed to set it up correctly:No:) Please advise as I am not looking forward to using my Windows Laptop. .. really.

Does that mean your a linux user? If you are a linux user why would you even consider using windows when the tools work better on linux? Unless  your heart is set on momentics (Qt creator is a better ide for Qt development in my opinion?

There are precompiled updated library's that can be found here http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/QT-4-8-3-Symbian-components-built-for-ARM-... and there are instructions for getting setup here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/How-to-port-your-Qt-Projects-to-Playbook/m...

Though somewhat old the concept is the same.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
New Developer
2pintsandanaxe
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: developer

Hi Jon,

You wrote:No, Momentics is not basically like Qt creator. I don't use momentics nor windows, however others have had success with momentics and Qt-creator on windows.

I'm sorry, I thought it was a variation of QT, when I looked at QNX's website. My mistake.

Does that mean your a Linux user? If you are a Linux user why would you even consider using windows when the tools work better on Linux? Unless  your heart is set on momentics (Qt creator is a better ide for Qt development in my opinion?

Yes I am a Linux user (for ... lets say a long time, on my home PC). For Industrial Automation programming I do use Windows XP Pro since the tools are binaries specifically built for that. My heart is set on using my Linux box to do all of the development in, I was having difficulties though, and the standard answer seems to be use windows or Ubuntu. I like Fedora instead. Do the libraries in the links you provided apply to Windows or Linux?

Thanks, I'll need some luck.

Steve

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron

[ Edited ]

The libs are compiled in linux but will work in windows or linux, qt-creator, not sure about momentics. I use fedora and Qt-creator exclusively for development.

Please read this first: http://qt-project.org/wiki/QNX

Here is how I set it up on my f16 box:

Download the bbqt sdk for linux here: https://github.com/blackberry/Qt/downloads

Then replace the 4.8.0 folder in the QtPlayboookSDK dir with the precompiled libs supplied in the link above, keep the dir structure and folder name the same.

Then launch qtcreator from the QtPlaybookSDK->QtCreator->bin folder. Then go to options->Linux devices and select Playbook/QNX then input your device information, ip, etc...

That should be all you need to get going along with the wealth of information found in the links above and elsewhere  on this forum.

Of course if you dont have a device and are deploying to the crappy emulator, make sure you use the x86 libs insteads of the qnx libs from the precompiled libs.

Qt creator has built in help and examples if your not familiar with Qt coding.

Let us know how you make out! :smileywink:

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.