Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
level32
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Can we change the background color of the App?

I've been trying to find a way to set a global style. If I could set the background color of the whole app, it would save me from having to apply that color on every page.

Also, setting the background color of a Container within a ScrollView, reveals a white background when you "over-scroll" the view. I'd like to eliminate this.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
amarcon
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can we change the background color of the App?

Hello level32,

perhaps if you define a Common qml file and have it defined on every other Page, such as on the cascadescookbookqml sample, available on GitHub https://github.com/blackberry/Cascades-Samples/tree/master/cascadescookbookqml

You will find a RecipeContainer.qml file defined on the Assets/Common folder, and every other page using it.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
level32
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks. As per the "over-scroll" issue, I simply put the ScrollView into a Container that has the background color set.

Please use plain text.
Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

I'm having a similar issue but it occurs when I hide the action bar. When I do so, it animates as it shrinks and exposes a white page background for brief periods. Yuck. The page contains a black backgrounded container, but that doesn't help.

Please use plain text.