Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: alph

Cannot compile BB10 sample native app HelloWorldDisplay in Momentics

Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling the HelloWorldDisplay native appusing the Momentics IDE.

I have followed through the Getting Started guide on the BB10 native SDK developer pages:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/documentation/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.quickstart/topic/c...

I downloaded the sample apps and attempted to import and build the HelloWorldDisplay app by right clicking it and selecting build.

The build fails and the following console output is displayed:

**** Build of configuration Device-Debug for project HelloWorldDisplay ****

make all 
make -j 1 -CDevice-Debug -fmakefile all 
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/pro-cln0042/Downloads/Code/BB10Examples/HelloWorldDisplay/Device-Debug'
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/pro-cln0042/Downloads/Code/BB10Examples/HelloWorldDisplay/Device-Debug'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `HelloWorldDisplay', needed by `all'.  Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2

**** Build Finished ****

Was I wrong in thinking that Momentics was supposed to handle this automatically, and that I should just be able to right-click->build without settings up any compilers, build files etc?

I'm new to BB development and Eclipse/Momentics in general. Any advice on how to resolve these errors would be much appreciated.

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
My Device: BB Alpha

Re: Cannot compile BB10 sample native app HelloWorldDisplay in Momentics

Hi there, Welcome to the forums!

When you are importing the project into Momentics, are you using Import -> CascadesProject? make sure you are not importing the project as any other type (such as makefile project, etc...);

Let me know if you make progress;

Good luck!

Martin

New Developer
My Device: alph

Thanks for your reply. I imported the project using import -> general -> existing projects into workspace. I did not import as a cascades project (this option was not available) as I believe HelloWorldDisplay is listed under the native app samples. I followed the instructions listed given at:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/beta/documentation/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.quickstart/topic/r...

Other developers appear to have similar problems running this example, but we were all able to successfully import, build and deploy the "Geolocation" example without errors. It was suggested that perhaps some of the native samples are not compatible with the latest ndk?

Many thanks

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE

I have all the examples run without problems. I advise you to go to the "samples->NDK Sample Project" from page "welcome" in Momentics IDE and select any of the examples available in the NDK.
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I had the same issue, both Makefile were missing in the project dir and (projectdir)/translations.

I simply copied one from another project and changed the project name(QMAKE_TARGET), nothing else seemed to be project specific.

It built without any problem.