Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
MorrrisV
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Cannot compile sample apps with BB10 Native SDK

Hi,

I downloaded the BB10 native SDK (10.0.4) and the sample apps pack. However, some of the sample apps fail to compile (for example AudioControl and BelligerentBlocks). The target is playbook (not simulator).

I am getting a make error the following:

make[2]: *** [C:/ndk-10.0.4-workspace/AudioControl/arm/o.le-v7/AudioControl] Error 1
  make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
  make: *** [all] Error 2

Looking at the build logs, I am getting the following linker error:

`C:/ndk-10.0.4-workspace/AudioControl/arm/o.le-v7'
C:\bbndk-10.0.4-beta\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\ntoarm-ld: note: 'screen_get_window_property_pv' is defined in DSO C:/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libscreen.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
make[1]:

Am I missing something obvious? I am competely new to makefiles so if anyone has any suggestion, it would be welcome.

Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer

Re: Cannot compile sample apps with BB10 Native SDK

The latest NDK for Playbook is available from: //developer.blackberry.com/native/download/

For Cascades NDK 10.0.4, follow the instructions in Momentics help/Help Contents/Getting started/Getting Started Guide/Install and configure the simulator

New Contributor
MorrrisV
My Device: Playbook

Re: Cannot compile sample apps with BB10 Native SDK

Thank you for your reply. The issue was that I was not linking properly. Once I added the correct libraries everything compiles.

Thanks.