Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
MoreRice
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Cannot create debug token

Hi,

Clean install of the latest bbndk-bb10_2_0x-win32-1179-106-201308090035.msi on windows7 which never installed anything for BB10 development before.  Fired up the installed Momentics, selected "Manage Devices..." from drop down, selected "Device", went through step 1 "Pair using USB" (success), step 2 "Signing" (success), but failed on step 3 "Create Debug Token".

How can I fix this?  Thanks.

!SESSION 2013-08-15 01:53:53.210 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=10.2
java.version=1.6.0_43
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_CA
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-08-15 01:54:27.307
!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' extension point
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-08-15 01:54:27.307
!MESSAGE Defining a key binding with no key sequence has no effect: plug-in='com.qnx.tools.ide.qde.ui', id='org.eclipse.ui.project.buildAll'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2013-08-15 01:54:28.537
!MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for com.qnx.tools.ide.ui.e4.commands.buildActive: {com.qnx.tools.ide.ui.e4.command.BuildActiveCommandHandler@8dcfef} vs {com.qnx.tools.ide.ui.e4.command.BuildActiveCommandHandler}

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.security 1 0 2013-08-15 01:58:29.673
!MESSAGE New keyring password generated.

!ENTRY com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core 4 -1 2013-08-15 02:22:02.030
!MESSAGE Error refreshing available SDKs
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.OperationCanceledException
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:415)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:355)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:101)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:156)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadIndexFile(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:721)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:640)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(ArtifactRepositoryManager.java:104)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(ArtifactRepositoryManager.java:100)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.internal.SDKManager.loadRepository(SDKManager.java:656)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.internal.SDKManager.doRefresh(SDKManager.java:596)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.internal.SDKManager.refresh(SDKManager.java:507)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.internal.SDKManager.runUpdate(SDKManager.java:227)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.installer.ui.SDKInstallerManager.installSDKIUs(SDKInstallerManager.java:105)
at com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.installer.ui.SDKInstallationProgressWizardPage$1.run(SDKInstallationProgressWizardPage.java:141)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
!SESSION 2013-08-15 20:39:27.087 -----------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Developer
saprykin
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Cannot create debug token

Have you regisstered your signing keys and created a developer certificate?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NSR Reader for BlackBerry 10 @NSRReader on Twitter
Me @xelfium on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

If you can reproduce this error, please do so and select the Help menu and choose Report Native SDK Bug to log this one.

As a workaround you can create your debug token from a command line.

blackberry-debugtokenrequest -storepass <password> -devicepin <device-pin> <debug-token-bar-file>

blackberry-debugtokenrequest.bat is located in the C:\bbndk\host_10_2_0_15\win32\x86\usr\bin directory.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MoreRice
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the suggestions. From the log, it said:

!MESSAGE Error refreshing available SDKs

Sure enough, I didn't complete the SDK download phase.

SDK download wizard is run first time Momentics is launched. But, the downloading UI stuck at 29% and I killed it because I thought it hung.  It never runs again in subsequent launch despite incomplete (problem 2; problem 1 being it shouldn't **bleep** out with null exception when SDK is not installed).

I worked around the problem by reinstalled NDK to force the SDK download wizard to run. From my system tools, I found out the download wizard is actually downloading very nicely, but Momentics UI failed to update the percent downloaded properly (problem 3).

Case close. Thank you for all the pointers.  I got my debug token and ready to rock!

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for posting the follow up.  Glad to hear you are up and running now.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Angeloqat
My Device: Z10 STL-001
My Carrier: Ooreedo

Can anybody help me with installing the debug token.. i make hard reset today on my BB10 phone and uodate the phone to the latest os 10.2 after that i m having a hard time to install the debug token.

before version i did it without any problem, but after the upgading of the new os i m having issues with installing dubug token..

i got two csj files from balckberry and i prcoeed with the correct steps when i register the csj files it given me an error debug token not foud.. please help me.. thanks

Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Resetting stale session
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 2584
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 2584 bytes
actual_dname::
actual_id::
actual_version::
result::failure 500 invalid action install_2

Please use plain text.