Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Cannot open output file

Sorry I keep posting, but I've been trying to compile a rather large project for the playbook. There's only one problem left and it doesn't make much sense.

When compiling, I get this error: C:\bbndk-1.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\ntoarm-ld: cannot open output file [projname]: Permission denied

It's just a normal file. No extension. The thing is I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried locating the file (I'm assuming it's the build state file since that's the only one like that with no extension) and deleting it, but it doesn't work. There isn't anything using the project so I don't see why it's happening.

Any ideas? Thanks, and sorry again.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Cannot open output file

Alright I got it working. I just changed the build artifact name under C/C++ Build ->  Settings -> Build Artifact.

Retired
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Cannot open output file

What was the build artifact name previously?  The default is ${ProjName}, which is a variable replaced by the project name.  This should have worked as is.  What is the project's name?  Does it contain whitespace or other non-alphanumeric characters?