Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
sashas
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930, Dev Alpha A Device
Accepted Solution

Cannot run installer on OS X Lion

After downloading and unzipping the NDK, the installer (NDK 1.0) simply hops in the dock. Once I click it in the dock, it quits.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the installer icon has a small, blue closed padlock icon on the top right.

Any ideas?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
pgarcia
My Device: Torch, Playbook

Re: Cannot run installer on OS X Lion

It seems the installer has an intermittent issue when executed from a long path name (e.g. /User/MyUsernameIslong/Something/Somethingelse), and the cause is being investigated.

A simple workaround is to move the downloaded installer to a shorter path, like closer to the root, and run it from there.

Let me know if doing that, you can install it.

Cheers

---
Paulo Garcia
Contributor
sashas

The suggested solution did not work.

I unzipped the installer and moved the resulting installer-bbndk1.0 installer to the /Applications directory. Yet I'm experiencing the same issue.

pgarcia

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this quick workaround didn't work for you.

The good news is that actually the NDK 1.0 Release Notes explain another workaround that allows you to run the installer. Unfortunately, it is a little more complicated to get done, so please, let me know if you have any problem following it or if it worked for you.

The Release Notes can be found here. Look for the "Known issues/Installation" section for complete instructions.

Thanks for your patience.

---
Paulo Garcia
Contributor
sashas

While I did find instructions similar to the ones in the release notes about shortening the path (see Known Issues), this was not the cause of my issues.

For some odd reason my permissions on the files were all screwed up. To resolve this issue I simply opened up the Terminal and ran:

chmod -R a+wx installer-bbndk1.0.app

After changing the permissions on the installer contents the installation worked smoothly.

pgarcia

Glad you worked it out, and thanks to let me know. 

Thanks

---
Paulo Garcia