Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 10 alpha device
My Carrier: Telenor
Accepted Solution

Cannot update alpha device to Gold NDK

I have an alpha device running 10.0.9.388, and I want to update it to the latest version. But I have several problems with the device. When I try to update it I get the following error:

The device is completely empty, but according to Device Storage Details I have used 19.2 MB of Pictures, and -19.681.8KB of Application & Other (notice the negative sign). There is nothing for me to delete on the device.

When I click on Software Update in the Settings on the device, it just exits the Settings app. If I click on Security and Privacy nothing happens, so I cannot reset the device (and I cannot turn on developer mode).

Any help with this would be greatly apreciated.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Cannot update alpha device to Gold NDK

Tried security wipe? It should come up with the latest available version.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 10 alpha device
My Carrier: Telenor

Re: Cannot update alpha device to Gold NDK

The problem was that I couldn't access the security menu, so there was no wipe it. The solution was to connect it to the computer, start the Blackberry Desktop Software, and then click and hold the power button for 15 seconds until the red light starts to glow). At this point I chose Update from the popup that appered on the computer.