Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: 02

Cascade-OpenGL ES gesture handling

Hi,

I am using cascade and open gl for a graphics application. Following the GoodCitiyenCascade App I have set up my app properly. At the moment I can do basice drawing and texturing on the screen, using glDrawArrays. I am having problems geting VBOs to work.

My major which I want to now is perform gestures. I created gesture handlers and tried to add them to FW control but it did not work. Now am trying to the gesture library as per this tutorial, http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/bb10/gestures_overview_1858761_11.html. some of the api's do not work.

e.g undefined reference to `gestures_set_process_event' but it is available in #include "gestures/swipe.h", which I have included in my .h file.

Any advice on how I can implement this will be most welcome.

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Cascade-OpenGL ES gesture handling

In what way did the gesture handlers on the ForeignWindowControl "not work"? I'm using the basic onTouch handler (not technically a gesture handler) and it works perfectly well. Since FWC is just a Control subclass, I'd expect it to get the gesture handler events just fine. Was it not even receiving them?

Did you note the paragraphs in the docs for FWC, which talk about the Z order? "Cascades' main window has Z order of 0 so foreign window's Z order should be negative; it can be set to a positive number but in this case the foreign window will appear on top of the Cascades' main window and will intercept the input events for the covered area."

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!