Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
BrianMcPeek
My Device: Torch 9850/64GB PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Cascades Build Fails Everytime

Hi guys,

Im making a test app to figure out what I can do with the camera on the device and as of now I have the app with no errors in the code whatsoever however, if I build a debug version it fails everytime. The simulator and profile build types also fail everytime. The release build type builds with no errors and installs on the alpha device but returns an error saying unable to release application on target, after it asks for camera permission but before it launches.  This happens with all the apps I have tried to build besides the sample apps on github, they work fine. Any ideas at all about what could be going wrong because I'm completely lost.  This is what the console reads when I try a device debug:

**** Build of configuration Device-Debug for project magnifyZoom ****

make Device-Debug
make -C .//translations -f Makefile update
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/translations'
C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/host_10_0_9_404/win32/x86/usr/bin/lupdate magnifyZoom.pro
Updating 'magnifyZoom.ts'...
Found 1 source text(s) (0 new and 1 already existing)
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/translations'
make -C .//translations -f Makefile release
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/translations'
C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/host_10_0_9_404/win32/x86/usr/bin/lrelease magnifyZoom.pro
The directory name is invalid.
Updating 'C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/translations/magnifyZoom.qm'...
Generated 0 translation(s) (0 finished and 0 unfinished)
Ignored 1 untranslated source text(s)
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/translations'
make -C ./arm -f Makefile debug
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/arm'
make -f Makefile.Debug
make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/arm'
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -c -Wc,-include -Wc,o.le-v7-g/.obj/magnifyZoom -Wno-psabi -lang-c++ -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a9 -g -Wno-psabi -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_IMPORT_QT47_QML -DQ_OS_BLACKBERRY -DQT_DECLARATIVE_DEBUG -DQT_DECLARATIVE_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I../../../../NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/blackberry-armv7le-qcc -I../../magnifyZoom -I../../../../NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I../../../../NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative -I../../../../NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include/qt4 -I../src -Io.le-v7-g/.moc -I../../../../NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include -I../../../../NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -I. -o o.le-v7-g/.obj/MagnifyZoom.o ../src/MagnifyZoom.cpp
Could not find qmake configuration directoryCould not find qmake configuration fileUsing OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR../src/MagnifyZoom.cpp:72:6: warning: unused parameter 'group' [-Wunused-parameter]
../src/MagnifyZoom.cpp:72:6: warning: unused parameter 'id' [-Wunused-parameter]
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -o o.le-v7-g/magnifyZoom o.le-v7-g/.obj/MagnifyZoom.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/main.o o.le-v7-g/.obj/moc_MagnifyZoom.o -LC:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -LC:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -LC:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib -LC:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6//usr/lib/qt4/lib -lbbcascades -lQtDeclarative -lQtScript -lQtSvg -lQtSql -lsqlite3 -lz -lQtXmlPatterns -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lsocket -lQtCore -lm -lbps
C:\Users\user\Desktop\MZC\NDK\BB10\host_10_0_9_404\win32\x86\usr\bin\ntoarm-ld: o.le-v7-g/.obj/MagnifyZoom.o: undefined reference to symbol 'screen_set_window_property_iv'
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/arm'
C:\Users\user\Desktop\MZC\NDK\BB10\host_10_0_9_404\win32\x86\usr\bin\ntoarm-ld: note: 'screen_set_window_property_iv' is defined in DSO C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libscreen.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/Projects/BB10 Projects/magnifyZoom/arm'
C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libscreen.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
cc: C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/host_10_0_9_404/win32/x86/usr/bin/ntoarm-ld caught signal 1
make[2]: *** [o.le-v7-g/magnifyZoom] Error 1
make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
make: *** [Device-Debug] Error 2

**** Build Finished ****

Also I noticed that the console shows 3 warnings that the asset paths for DeviceDebug, DeviceProfile, and SimulatorDebug do not exist however the asset path for DeviceRelease does.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a complete standstill now.

THANKS GUYS!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
noahhuang
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Roger

Re: Cascades Build Fails Everytime

check this

C:\Users\user\Desktop\MZC\NDK\BB10\host_10_0_9_404\win32\x86\usr\bin\ntoarm-ld: o.le-v7-g/.obj/MagnifyZoom.o: undefined reference to symbol 'screen_set_window_property_iv'
Please use plain text.
Developer
DrShavargo
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: -

Re: Cascades Build Fails Everytime

For those out there still wondering or who come upon this thread:

C:/Users/user/Desktop/MZC/NDK/BB10/target_10_0_9_1673/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/libscreen.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line

In the .pro file, add:

LIBS += -lscreen

----------------------------------------
Remember to mark the thread as solved at the post that solved your problem, and if you like a post, like it!
Please use plain text.