Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
mcl1dev
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Cascades Exporter

Has anyone had any experience with Cascades Exporter?  I have downloaded Adobe PS CS6 64bit  which has the extension installed.  But there are are few, if any instructions to go by.  I have read the "Explore Cascades Exporter"

section which was very helpful, but it took me only so far.  I need an actual explanation of what it is and how to use it. 

iWm
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
RSperanza
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cascades Exporter

Cascades Exporter is a plugin for user interface / experience designers to help them export visual elements for a UI design from Photoshop to QML and image assets that can be provided to developers.  Designers layout the page in Photoshop, using separate layers for each component, and then use the Cascades exporter to export that PSD as a QML file plus separate image assets for each layer.

For some teams with a separate design team from a development team, it can be useful way to divide the work between the two teams.

Hope that explanation helps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mcl1dev
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Cascades Exporter

I apologize for my misunderstanding.  I am new to PS (layers., forms, ect), but am learning day by day.  I was able to create a App Icon and export it.  Works very well, except PS aborts and I have to restart it.  Seems to be a-lot of capability in the extension.

iWm
Please use plain text.