Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Cascades Horizontal ListView - Not Possible???

Thanks Garett, for confirming we're not just overlooking something obvious. Smiley Happy

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

But you cannot simply set the layout of an existing ListView can you?  I am pretty sure I read that this must be done when it is created.

Because of this I was thinking I could first create a basic ListView in QML, create a second one in C++ with the proper layout and then use the control class to replace the original?  Or create a container and use the control class functions on the container to add the ListView to it?  Just seems like a PITA to do it this way assuming it is even possible.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I have to apologize, I was working on a short snippet to show how this could be done but realized that the setLayout() method for ListView is not available yet. Once the next drop comes this functionality should be added, making the whole process much easier.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Ok perfect, I will work with a verticle layout for now and wait for the update.  Thanks.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Is the horizontal listview available yet?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

There has yet to be another release of the BlackBerry 10 NDK so this is not yet available. A new drop should be coming in the next few weeks though.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!