Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: None

Change License Type from Paid to Free

Is there a way to change the license type of a submitted and release app from paid to free?

Developer
My Device: Red Z10

Re: Change License Type from Paid to Free

Yes this can be done.

NO this Cannot be undone.

So be sure it's really what you want to do before you do it.

Simply contact Vendor Support and let them know you want to make your appliation avaliable for free, they will explain that this cannot be undone and once you confirm they will change the status of the application

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It may be a less devastating and permanent approach to implement in-app purchase as opposed to switching the app price altogether. If you have existing users then switching to paid will likely alienate them.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: Red Z10

[ Edited ]

^^ , you cannot go from free to paid, only paid to free

There is currently no way to go from paid to freemium without excluding the previous purchases.  I asked for this ability many times and it was never granted and probably won't ever be.

To circumvent that I simply created a demo version of the application I wanted to make freemium

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

slashkyle wrote:

^^ , you cannot go from free to paid, only paid to free

That is not true, though you do need to ask the BlackBerry World to perform the change manually on your behalf

slashkyle wrote:

There is currently no way to go from paid to freemium without excluding the previous purchases.  I asked for this ability many times and it was never granted and probably won't ever be.

Yep, that's the main concern with making this change either way, free to paid or paid to free. In either case existing users are likely to feel left out.
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!