Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
gpatton
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Clicking on a button in page in TabbedPane opens a page with NavigationPane view

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I want to have a tabbedPane as my main application start up view - with two tabs

The first tab has a button on it - which when clicked opens a new page....that new page (lets called it "Details" has a navigation pane layout - so the tabs are no longer visible and a "Back" button comes up.

Clicking the "Back" button brings you back to the tabbedPane

Is this possible at all?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Clicking on a button in page in TabbedPane opens a page with NavigationPane view

Rather than using a tabbed view, use navigation view and have actions on the the action bar (they will look sort of like tabs).  Then when you click on the action you will get a back button to the main page.

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
taylortbb
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook

Re: Clicking on a button in page in TabbedPane opens a page with NavigationPane view

Take a look at the Weather Guesser sample app, it does this for the Browse Cities and Favourites tabs. It uses a list rather than a button, but it should be adaptable.
--------
Taylor Byrnes
Please use plain text.
Developer
Pumano-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Beeline

// main. qml
TabbedPane {
    Tab {
        id: mainTab
        MainCustomPage {
        }
    }
    Tab {
        id: detailsTab
        DetailsCustomPage {
        }
    }
}

// MainCustomPage.qml
NavgationPane {
Page {
    // your main page content here    
    }
}

// DetailsCustomPage.qml
Page {
    // your details page
    }

but if you use that, you only can push only one screen into stack! If you want push more screens into NavigationPane you must remove TabbedPane from your main screen

Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

@bcs925 - Yeah that was an option. However I noticed that placing 3 icons on the Actions bar makes them bunch up together, which is not what I wanted. I like how the Tabbed Pane approach spaces them out nicely. Thanks for the tip though!

Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

@taylortbb - Thanks! I'll try that!

Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

@Pumano-

AHHHHH! I tried the exact same thing and was about to post my code, as to why I couldn't drill down to more than one navigation pane!!

From the first stacked navPane, I wanted to drill down even more to another page that would have a Back Button, so I guess this is not possible at all eh?

Is it basically one way or the other? 

Either:

1. Tabbed with only ONE stackable Nav pane

OR

2. No tab with more than ONE stackable Nav panes

Please use plain text.