Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
Accepted Solution

Close multiple sheets at once

I want to have an effect similar to the file picker. It shows a new sheet for each folder hiearchy you select, but when you click cancel all sheets are closed at once.

I have a workaround where i call a closeSheet() on a sheetBelow property, it works but causes the whole screen to become grey for a short moment. The File Picker does not have this, so i figured there is maybe a better way to achieve that.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

Re: Close multiple sheets at once

had a different idea:
using pages with a dismissAction and a custom back button with the bb_action_file icon gives nearly the look and feel of the file picker.
and i'll just use navigationPane.navigateTo to close several pages at once.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I wouldn't have thought the FilePicker used multiple Sheets anyway. I would have expect a single Sheet with a NavigationPane, and multiple stacked Pages that are just discarded all at once with navigateTo() or similar. Sounds like what you've gone with in the end anyway.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

they have peek but you cannot go back with it, so they are sheets.
i have now customized the back button further with an "up" icon depending on the level i am on, so i guess i'll stay with that and mark it as solved.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.